Monday, July 27, 2009

Tis the Season


I attended a wedding this past Saturday and I will be attending another one this upcoming Sunday. Tis the season for weddings!

The wedding that I attended this past Saturday was celebrating the union of my friends Melody and Zach. One of the quotes that they used throughout their wedding slide show was:

Proverbs 12:4
A wife of noble character is her husband's crown...


I absolutely love this section of scripture and I wanted to reflect on it for a moment... What a beautiful image - a wife as a crown. And what another beautiful image that a husband thinks so highly of his wife that he is to wear her proudly as a crown jewel. A wife and husband should compliment each other. I can only hope that my husband will find me worthy of being his crown. :)

1 comment:

Tina said...

I am really sick of weddings already and I am about to be in one and be a big part of another one. I'm not angry at weddings I just think it's A LOT of hoopla. I'm even considering becoming a wedding planner. Is something wrong with me? Glutton for punishment perhaps? He's out there girl but he better get my permission first LOL!