Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day (89/100)


Happy Mother's Day!

Day 89 - It's Mother's Day, make her feel special.  What is it about being a mom that you connect with - I am not a mother but I have people I take care of and nurture.  Care for your nurturing spirit today. 

I made a special effort to contact all the special mothers in my life.  I, of course, started with my own mother and wished her a special day.  I had already sent her a rose plant to let her know that she is very special to me.  I sent her a plant because I know how much she loves them and I know that she will be able to re-pot it and keep it for years to come.  I then called my Grandma, all my aunts and other special mothers in my life.  It was a quite a fulling experience.  I realized it had been too long since I have talked to some of my aunts.  I need to make more time to show my family how much I love them and how they are appreciated. 

I have a very maternal nature and am often looked at as a "mothering" friend.   I value this quality and know that when the time comes, I will cherish being a mother to my own children.  I am a Godmother and it is a joy to know that I have a special place in my godson's life. 

No comments: