Thursday, April 2, 2009

Easter Means


Easter is approaching...April 12th will be here soon. All the stores have all their brightly colored plastic eggs ready in hopes people will stock up for their "Egg Hunt."

I would love to host an "Egg Hunt." It would be fun and all the neighboring children would come and join in.

What would be even better is if I was with my family and had all my second cousins looking for the eggs. I have lots of cousins and quite a few second cousins at this point and seeing their little eyes light up would make my heart very happy!

It will just have to wait until I can go visit them for Easter, or until they come out to see me...hopefully, they will wait until I have a family of my own too.



Easter also means that Easter lilies are in bloom. I love seeing them adorn the altar in honor of the Risen Jesus. What a beautiful offering! This flower, a lily, is pure and wonderful. No other such flower would give justice to this blessed event.

When I move into my new apartment, I want to start a new tradition of having fresh flowers by my picture of Our Lady and Jesus. It will be a special offering to them as well as a perfect way to decorate my home. It will brighten up any area with the right amount of "life."



Clearly, Easter is a celebration for Christians everywhere! We are rejoicing in the Risen King! He died on the cross and then rose from the dead.



Is there a greater love then that?!?!

This is the ultimate sacrifice...and therefore, the ultimate testimony of LOVE.


No comments: