Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ella and Louis




Right now, the theater I work at is doing the show "Ella" - about Ella Fitzgerald. It's fantastic! I love the show and think Tina Fabrique, who plays Ella, is brilliant onstage.

My favorite moment is when Ella and one of her band members, the trumpet player, do the song "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off." The trumpet player even does a Louis Armstrong impression and the song is wonderful!

Since I am in the jazzy mood...

"You say either and I say either, You say neither and I say neither
Either, either Neither, neither, Let's call the whole thing off.

You like potato and I like potahto, You like tomato and I like tomahto
Potato, potahto, Tomato, tomahto, Let's call the whole thing off

But oh, if we call the whole thing off Then we must part
And oh, if we ever part, then that might break my heart

So if you like pyjamas and I like pyjahmas, I'll wear pyjamas and give up pyajahmas
For we know we need each other so we , Better call the whole off off
Let's call the whole thing off."


No comments: