Monday, March 12, 2012

Star Gazing (27/100)



Got this image from another blog - check it out!  This particular post of hers has a short story about star gazing.
 Day 27...today as an idea from my co-creator on this journey, I will make a wish (or be extra hopeful today).  Star gazing is a fascinating activity.  I revel looking up into the night sky and being captivated by the glowing constellations.  I adore the stars - so much so that I still long to own a telescope.  I find them magical & mysterious...sort of a "world of their own."  It's an obsession I have - stars...it may seem silly, but I am soothed by their majesty. 

I used to be someone who regularly "wished upon a star" - more so for hopeless romantic reasons that rational day-to-day necessities.  But then again...I think the majority of people who wish on stars only do it for hopeless romantic reasons.  It's an idyllic way we wished the the world worked (pun intended).  

As I have gotten older, I appreciate more the necessity to have a "reality check."  I can make wishes all I want, but in order for me to make a change happen for myself I need to take action.  As part of one of my focuses for this Reality Challenge (If I am unhappy with something in my life, I am going to take an action to fix it), I will think of something I would normal "wish for" and decide what actions I can take to make it happen.  I am still a proponent for wishing on stars - keep your dreams alive so to speak - but also don't underestimate the power already lying within yourself to make things happen. 

I will take a longer look at the sky tonight (appearing later now since daylight savings from this weekend) and make a wish for good measure and it good spirits, but more importantly I will use the power/light within myself to make a change or to attract a change to happen. 

1 comment:

BlueberryAngel said...

I love wishing on stars! I do it every time it's a clear night. Never give up! Yes, beautiful co-creator, the power for change and the light of hope is within!