Monday, April 9, 2012

How Big Is Your God? (55/100)

Clearly it has been too long since my last post...what have I been doing these last 28 days?!?

Day 55.  In honor of yesterday being Easter, I wanted to spend parts of today giving glory to God.  In reading, In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, I was particularly drawn to one of the questions the author, Mark Batterson, poses;

"How big is your God?"  

"The more we grow, the bigger God should get.  And the bigger God gets, the smaller our lions (fears) become.  The reality is that nothing is too big for God."  (pg 39)



Many times I get sucked into the dilemas of my day & my life and get bogged down.  I feel shelfish asking God to come quickly to my aid when my troubles are minor in comparisson to other areas of the world.  And yet, He is there for me even in my minor troubles.  He does care about all the details in my life even if they seem ridiculous in comparisson to others who are dealing with more severe hard times... He cares because my troubles are just that...mine.  He wants to comfort me. 

I, along with many others, never want to appear demanding or even needy, or rely too heavily on the consolation of God.  But God puts desires and needs in my heart and He longs for me to ask for His help.  We can work to help each other.  Friends look out for each other and neighbors should help neighbors.  

I like to remind myself that at times when I may be upset with certain people that make up a body within the Church, or upset at ideals that are in questions... I need to remember that at the heart of the matter & what is truly important is that I am not upset with God.  For He is perfect..  He is my ultimate reason.     

No comments: