Monday, January 12, 2009

Golden Globe Victory


Last Night I caught the tail end of the Golden Globe Awards, I was at a rehearsal and had missed the beginning. It is one of my favorite awards shows and I wanted to make sure that I watched who won especially tonight.

My mother had told me that Heath Ledger won for Best Supporting Male Actor for his role in Dark Knight. I was so happy!!! So happy in fact that I poured myself a glass of wine and raised a toast to him.

I have been an admirer of his work for many years now. On the day of his passing, I was a complete mess. I didn't want to leave my apartment. I couldn't believe that his talent would no longer be on camera and his beautiful spirit would no longer be here on Earth.

As a tribute to him, I saw Dark Knight at midnight - I wanted to see it the very first time I could. I saw it three times after that. I had an addiction...I had to see this film and his work. I was captivated from the very first moment I saw him to the very last. I knew that this role was tough, but clearly he was brilliant. He deserved the Golden Globe!

I applaud you, Heath Ledger! Bravo!

No comments: