Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year - New Heart


I spent a week in Rhode Island for a Christmas Retreat. I stayed at the Mater Ecclesiae College with the women of Regnum Christi. It was a beautiful time for me to learn more about the movement as well as reflect on preparing myself for the new year. The retreat was beautiful! I was blessed to stay at the college. It even snowed! This is a picture of Our Lady in her grotto on New Year's Day. It was a beautiful metaphor having snow falling on New Year's Eve. It was the day we were reflecting on the year that was about to pass. God was reminding us to forget all our past faults and mistakes and to remember that we need to start this new year with a clean and pure heart.

Being in a place so devoted to God's call truly opened my heart to what God wants of me too! He calls each one of us by name and we should be proud to answer! May we take Our Lady's enthusiasm and say "Yes" to whatever He wishes!

I pray that each one of us finds our calling...

No comments: