Thursday, February 26, 2009

Compassionate Lent


The Holy Season of Lent has begun. It began yesterday with Ash Wednesday service. I hope this Lenten Season for me is especially "compassionate." I want to respond to the Lord's call with more "compassion" as well as live more "compassionately" as a Christian. I want to live my life with more charity this Lent. I will use these 40 Days and 40 Nights to fill each day with true and complete acts of charity to my fellowman.

I have been blessed my entire life to not only have this beautiful life but to live out my dreams. The word "passion" helps make up the word "compassion" so I feel that in my "compassion" this Lent I should be filled with enough drive and "passion" for this new undertaking and outlook on my life. Now, I know that I should live each day with charity and that is what makes a Christian...this I know. What I am saying is to take my very simple acts and try and expand them to reach more people.

With each Lenten Season is not about giving up chocolates or sweets...it is more about building a strong relationship with Christ and growing more faithful to Him. I wish you a "Compassionate" Lent. Use this time to start fresh and connect with God - to get closer to His word - to follow Him in His Passion.

No comments: