Monday, February 16, 2009

True Meaning of Valentine's



This past Saturday was Valentine's Day. I realize that many people detest this holiday either because they feel it is to commercialized or because they are lonely. I can sympathize with both cases. I used to work for Hallmark and I know how crazy it is around Valentine's...we are up to our ears in red/pink/white cards, glitter, flowers, balloons, candy, etc. And I have had my share of guy-less Valentine's Days too...but ultimately I use Valentine's to show my family and friends how much they mean to me. This past Saturday I went to one of my friend's house with some other friends. We all had dinner and dessert, watched some movies and played some games and it was wonderful! I had the most fun and was able to enjoy all the "love" I had received that day! Valentine's Day is not about chocolate, flowers and going out to dinner with your significant other...it's about sharing with those who matter most the impact they have made on your life!

No comments: