Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rediscovered Love

I have been reading ever since I can remember and yet I am rediscovering my love for the written word. I think it is because reading books for school is one thing and it is completely different to read a book on your own time. It is a shame how the youth of today is pushing books aside to play video games or watch TV. I almost feel reconnected to my youth in a way when I am reading. I also feel energized after I finish a great book - a new part of myself has been opened and explored.

It still amazes me how many wonderful books I have not read or even have heard of yet. So many characters to connect to, so many adventures to go on and still so many stories to experience. I want to encourage you to get a book and curl up in bed and read instead of watching TV this afternoon or tonight. Have a "date" with a great story tonight instead of your TV. Trust me, you will have fun...even more fun then if you were watching TV. I just read The Time Traveler's Wife, which I blogged about earlier - "What If Time Stopped?" and now I am reading "Ella Minnow Pea" which is turning out to be witty, charming and fun! Next on my list is Steve Martin's "Shopgirl."

Hope you find some time to rediscover your love for books or if you already have a love for books, then I am so happy to share this love with you!

2 comments:

Pippa said...

I realy love reading, too! I don't read as much as I used to, though. It's a good idea to "rediscover" it - I just wish I had the time.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing some good picks! -e