Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Without Hesitation

It is without hesitation that I unleash my first blog entry. This blog was established earlier today and, thus far, I have been thinking about how to begin. This is my first blog. A blog, from what I gather, is personal. It's a commitment. I guess I am ready then. By sitting down and naming this blog, I have therefore established my relationship with it. And now, I commit to the upkeep of this blog. Hopefully, regularly there will be new posts. Posts that will offer a chance to laugh, think, inspire, encourage, challenge...(among other things).

For now, an introduction...Welcome, to this area of the world wide web that I am able to "own" (through blogger). I have put out the Welcome Mat and have officially offered you a personal invitation to Aurora's Beam. You may wonder why it is that I chose "Aurora's Beam" as my title. Well, so many of my top choices were taken. Many of my ideal blog titles are "owned" by people who no longer keep up with their blog. That definitely upsets me. I feel it is a waste of potential blogging space. I then decided to brainstorm things that interests me, my hobbies, likes, passions, etc. Aurora is my favorite name...and yes, it is also the name of my favorite Disney princess (but that is clearly beside the point). I also love the images of an Aurora Borealis. I have yet to actually see one, but it is on my to-do list. I ideally wanted "radiant beam" as my blog title, but it's taken. So, I thought of a compromise. I then molded Aurora Borealis and radiant beam.

As for my blog tag line - "An Aurora Borealis contains beautiful rays of light. Hopefully, this will be a place for words, thoughts, quotes and ramblings to inspire those who admire morning's first light." I included the meaning of "Aurora" to also showcase that another reason why I like the word is because it also means "dawn." I sincerely want to "inspire those who admire morning's first light." Mainly, I hope to "inspire."

No comments: