Saturday, December 6, 2008

Holiday Warmth


I love this picture. I love it so much in fact that it is the background for my computer at work. There is just something about it. This picture is full of warmth. I feel at home when I see it. It's very comforting. Christmas has always embodied the warmth and comfort of being at home. I love the idea of a decorated Christmas tree housing wrapped gifts underneath beside a warm fireplace. That's where my tree is at my parents'. So when I go home to visit, I see our beautiful tree in the living room beside our fireplace. This picture must provide a sense of "home" to me and that is why I am drawn to it.

I want to encourage you to take a picture of your home decorated for Christmas. That way you have it for years to come. And if you have kids, I am sure they would want copies. Even if you don't think you have a home that looks like it came out of a magazine, take the picture anyways. You will be surprised how it turns out. And trust me, your kids do think it looks like a magazine. And it might a be fun idea for a gift ---- Once you take the picture of your house decorated for Christmas, make copies and send it to your kids or family members that live far away. This way they get a little taste of "home." I think I may even do that this year. When I go home for Christmas, I am going to take a picture of our living room and have it for many Christmases to come!

1 comment:

Brooklyn Bonny said...

We took a picture of our tree!!