Tuesday, December 2, 2008

JOY


JOY...such a short word encompasses so much. Yesterday, I was blessed to receive such joy in one simple phone call. I called the Mater Ecclesiae College in Rhode Island to ask a question. The young lady who answered the phone was very polite and thorough in her response. Somehow we then began to talk. What can I say, God has blessed me with the gift of conversation. :) Anyway, she was curious how I knew about the college. I had explained that I came to visit two summers ago to see a friend of mine. I proceeded to tell her that I was going to be visiting again very soon. I will be attending the retreat held from Dec 26th - Jan 2nd. She was overjoyed! "That is the best news I have heard all day," she exclaimed. Such a simple mentioning of a future visit made her so happy. This is an example of why I am anxiously awaiting my trip to Rhode Island. When I am there with the women of the Regnum Christi movement, my heart is filled with endless JOY. The Holy Spirit's presence is very strong within the walls of this school. As a Christian, I am called to have a light within me. It is the light I am to carry around with me to show people Christ. This same light beams through the windows of Mater Ecclesiae. If you are interested in learning more about Mater Ecclesiae please visit here. And/or if you are interested in learning more about the Regnum Christi movement, please visit here.

No comments: