Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Highlight the Goddess Within (Day 8/100)


Day 8 - Highlight the goddess within.  Connect with your own spirituality...your core being.  Especially since today is the first day of Lent (a reflective period lasting 40 Days &40 Nights leading up to Easter), use today to connect with yourself & your savior. 



Today is Ash Wednesday - I attended the 12:10pm mass at The National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception and the service was beautiful.  I was then called into work because the Sales Office needed some extra help.  I knew that the ashes were going to still be very vivid on my forhead & I was curious what the response would be from my coworkers.  I am was amazed at what the ashes smeared on my forehead in the shape of a cross triggered from people.  One woman, who I had never met, saw me walking down the hall and said aloud to the person she was talking to, "Oh right, today is Ash Wenesday."  One of my friends at work, specifically came up to me & said, "Look at you being a good Catholic."  And what I found to be the most fun was seeing 2 other coworkers with the ashes on their forheads too!

Day 8: I use prayer to connect with God and focus on the power of Lent and now will  use my 100 Reality Challenge as a way to grow even more in my lenten journey.  Lent is my journey with Christ and my Reality Challenge is my personal journey to better myself. 


No comments: